Suggestions for Thursday - Saturday, PLEASE.

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

fallen4fall

Suggestions for Thursday - Saturday, PLEASE.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Good evening, everyone!!

My husband and I live by this forum every year and feel like we know everyone, even though we've never posted. Because of my job, we are late arriving this year and only have three days. We will hit the roads early Thursday. We normally stay further north...love the Stowe area, Lake Elmore, Peacham, Northfield, Lincoln Gap, Ripton, but we will go anywhere! I've made notes from what everyone has been posting, but would you mind sharing some areas that should be really popping from Thursday through Saturday? Please. I'm hoping to get as much advice as possible on one thread rather than jumping from post to post. We want to make the best (and see the best) while we're there.

We finally made it to Owl's Head last year and were early. Has anyone been there the last few days?

We are so appreciative in advance for any suggestions! You all have NO idea how much we've enjoyed your posts through the years. It's nice to see others who are just as foliage crazy as we are. I am shaking while typing because I'm so excited that my favorite time of year is finally here. No peace compares to that we find in Vermont during foliage season. There's nothing like it.

Thanks again everyone!! Every time we wave at other leaf-peepers, I always wonder if it's someone I've seen post here. :)
C & T

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Suggestions for Thursday - Saturday, PLEASE.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:12 pm

fallen4fall: First I must say welcome and this is a darn sweet post as well! I'm so glad you are coming to VT again. Minnesotaman is now here and tooling about everywhere so keep an eye on his findings. Also bm lives here and has good information. I know it is hard to tread through so many posts but each one may offer a good place for you to visit and to plan a decent route for those days. I would say in general, that central VT and southern VT would be your best bet. Where are you staying? I think Waitsfield/Warren is a good start for color. With the hard freeze last night, most places jumped into peak fast!

I'm hoping that whomever is still up there, Utah Baker, bm, Minnesotaman, could pop in here with some help for you. Right now, I'm only doing activity oriented day trips up from CT with a focus on peak color as it comes along.

Have a super time and yes, we are all foliage crazed fanatics who love Vermont as much as you do! :wink:

CT

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:15 pm

PS. bm and I were traveling in Lincoln last year and met a guy who asked if we were bm and ctyanky! So it is a small world and if you were waving at some leaf peepers, it indeed might be anyone on this forum! :lol:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3651

Here's my post from Sunday. These towns might be a good bet for you! Sometimes these posts get buried! I am thinking these towns will be peaking for your three days!

fallen4fall

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 pm

You are all the BEST!!! Thank you SO much!!! We are headed to bed because the sooner we go to sleep, the sooner tomorrow will be here!!!

If anyone else has time to post, please do. I'll check as soon as my eyes pop open in the morning - and will continue checking throughout our stay. Honestly even if we don't see the best foliage, there's no place like Vermont. I've begged to retire there but my honey thinks the winters may be too harsh for us. I personally say we can stay holed up during the winter to experience the fall. My dream is to watch from the first hint of change on the trees until the very last leaf has fallen. Maybe one day....

Until tomorrow, good night. Sweet foliage dreams, everyone! :wink:

PS. I didn't say it in my first post but we actually got married last year in the Brookdale Covered Bridge in Stowe. Sigh. Perfection. :D
PSS. Whenever we talk to other peepers, we always ask if they're members of the forum. We swear by it. :)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:46 am

What a romantic place to get married! I can't wait to hear about your days in VT! Have a safe trip and looking forward to your posts!

Utah Baker

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:10 am

Hi, Fallen4Fall, and welcome! Sounds to me like we have the same "dream". I think about that all the time.
I was at Owls Head and Noyes Pond yesterday and the color was still very good, but as I said in an earlier post, today might be the last day for it with rain coming Thurs. I like mmvt suggestions, in fact I think I will try to head that way today. Have a wonderful time and let us know what you find.