Minnesotaman - are you back in Vermont for the rest of the month?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Minnesotaman - are you back in Vermont for the rest of the month?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Minn: Hope you had a good trip back and are in your Woodstock house. Give your wife some shopping time! :mrgreen:

Anyways, if you are in the SE corner of the state, can you update color towards the weekend? Newfane, Grafton and Townshend? I'm pretty sure I'm in Townshend Saturday. One nice road is Maggie Lad Road! Check it out!

Have fun and keep us posted on your great road trips as always! CT

minnesotaman

Re: Minnesotaman - are you back in Vermont for the rest of the month?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 pm

CT
I have just returned. I will formulate plan tonight. I think I will probably be up in the Hinesburg area tomorrow. Depending on what I find I will probably head down in direction you mention. I got only one of the incredible blue sky days in the NEK last week. I covered a lot of territory that day--from Noyes Pond up through Willoughby, Jobs Pond, Shadow Lake and thereabouts. It was amazing. I would like to see more of that, but I suspect it is a bit too late to head up there again. The light was not good enough for me to get a good look around here today.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Reports are coming in here and from other sites that route 9 west to east is the hot spot right now. Woodford thru Searsburg.....Maybe add to your agenda? I bet 103 around Chester and route 11 around Andover might be a good locations. The route 7 corridor was hot when I came thru it Sunday, check it out. Also 140 was coming into peak, check out Lake Saint Catherine! Danby! You have to get up there! Take the Danby Mtn. Road and Mt. Tabor was gorgeous! :lol:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:34 pm

If you are around Mt. Holly check out Star Lake. I think my friend from Chester mentioned this town Belmont. A must see! I found this about Belmont. It's part of Mt. Holly! I HAVE to get there!

"The most notable, the village of Belmont, is as quaint and beautiful a Vermont village you’re likely ever to see! Located along the shores of Star Lake, the village center revolves around its general store, a beautifully restored community center & library, and not one, but two museums. Stonewalls climb out of town past galleries, farms and fields, along dirt roads up and over gentle hills offering exquisite views of the valleys and mountains in the distance any time of year."

Doesn't this sound divine? Day trip before the end of October for sure! :D