Tropical Storm Hermine

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

wentworth

Tropical Storm Hermine

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 pm

long range forecasts are all over the place, meaning New England could be affected---keep watching the Weather Channel ---Vermont doesn't want anything to do with any Labor Day tropical storm system

wentworth

Re: Tropical Storm Hermine

Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 pm

latest update is not good news--The new track is more westward, with Washington DC and and NYC in the crosshairs, then on to Boston and even perhaps Vermont and New Hampshire--but remember that Irene in 2011, which destroyed the Fall colors, was a freak storm in that it dragged over Vermont DIRECTLY, and slowly, dumping 5 to 10 inches in like 24 hours, causing those flash floods-- but This storm could easily go more to the east, and Vermont could just get an inch or two, which would be just fine, wouldn't affect the Fall colors in a bad way at all

wentworth

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:09 pm

good news--they just changed the forecast track to a more easterly direction-- Vermont is in the clear for now

Andy

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:05 pm

LOL, I survived it, Wentworth. Have been here in Palm Harbor (Clearwater) for the past few days. It just missed us. I haven't seen this much rain in a long time. Its in Nags Head (where we used to vacation every summer) it seems to be avoiding me :D . But kind of looks like it may head out to sea before it reaches New England.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .