Posting photos here

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

admin
Site Admin

Re: Posting photos here

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:43 pm

As far as I know, you still should be able to post images here. The following is an excerpt from the manual for board's software:
Showing images in posts

Adding an image to a post
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and secondly the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer for example, unless you run a webserver!). To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to the image with tags. For example:

As noted in the URL section above you can wrap an image in a tag if you wish, e.g.

would generate:

Adding attachments into a post
Attachments can now be placed in any part of a post by using the new [attachment=][/attachment] BBCode, if the attachments functionality has been enabled by a board administrator and if you are given the appropriate permissions to create attachments. Within the posting screen is a drop-down box (respectively a button) for placing attachments inline.

Andy

Re: Posting photos here

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi mmvt: I have had various success depending on where I link to. For a while, my Flickr site worked well. Then all of a sudden it didn't (my research suggested it was Flickr's issue). It doesn't work well from my SmugMug site either. I eventually set up a blog on WordPress's free blogging site (I never "published" the blog - but it gives me a media upload area) and that works great.

Where are you linking from?
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .