HAPPY AUTUMN TO ALL! Fall begins at 10:29 p.m. east coast!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

HAPPY AUTUMN TO ALL! Fall begins at 10:29 p.m. east coast!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 am

Hello foliage friends! I want to wish you all a wonderful autumn season in Vermont! It's finally here! The splendid season we foliage fanatics have been waiting for!!!! It's going to be an exciting and beautiful time in the great state of Vermont and beyond, and I know everyone is looking forward to their journey into Vermont with much anticipation!

Take a deep breath! The weather is amazing, strong color is emerging and it is going to be a great fall up there! Take it all in! There is so much to do and see it can be a bit overwhelming to say the least. So many autumn festivals, fairs, back roads to explore, country stores, waterfalls, lakes and ponds, the list goes on! There is always something unexpected just around the bend. Get off the main roads and explore to your heart's content!

You will find everything here on this wonderful foliage forum and we owe it all to our forum owner and administrator, Tim Palmer-Benson, as this site would not be possible without him and his constant attention to it. Thank you Tim! :wink:

Let the show begin! Vermont and all her beauty awaits you! Happy Autumn 2014!!!! :D :D :D
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Mistymountainhop

Re: HAPPY AUTUMN TO ALL! Fall begins at 10:29 p.m. east coas

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Carol,

That is a truly beautiful photo.

I just wanted to come in and thank everyone for their contributions to this forum. As a new user I had no idea so many people loved the fall so much, and for good reason I see. I am making a trip up to the NEK this weekend and now have a great itinerary. I would not have been as prepared as I am today without the collective information from you all. I hope everyone has a great autumn and thanks again,

Peter

wxman1976

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Happy Autumn all!!

Just got a report out of Kingfield Maine in the Western Maine Mountains. Colors are rapidly improving and they are very bright and vibrant. They will probably peak in a week to a week and a half. And as an interesting side note Sugarloaf Ski area has been making SNOW in the mornings testing their equipment! LOL
As my friend Joe Bastardi says…Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you've got!!

Anthony DeVito BS. Meteorology Lyndon State College, Lyndonville VT 1998

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Carol! I love your photo! I can feel your excitement right through it! :lol:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Peter: Welcome to the forum. It's great that you got all your VT info from this site to plan your NEK weekend. Your kind thoughts are very special! I hope you post about your trip while you are up In the NEK or when you get home. Have a wonderful time!!!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm

WXMAN: I can't believe they are testing the snow machine already. Well, it is pretty cold down here so I can imagine in Maine, they are producing a lot of it! Got my flannel jammies on already! brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :mrgreen: