Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Utah Baker

Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Didn't get to bed till 2:30a.m., forced myself up at 8a.m., absolutely lovely drive up I93 from Boston, crossed over down the Kanc to Bear notch pass to Bartlett N.H., the Kanc has passed it's prime, but the colors in lower elev. Still nice. Must get something to eat, I am exhausted along with the time change, and now you tell me to expect wind & rain!?!? I feel the luck of the "DEAN" hanging over me. :roll:

Pentaxguy

Re: Rain#@!#@!#@!???

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I just drove the Kanc today (10-5) and lower elevations still look good, with the best color on the Lincoln N.H. side. I also delighted in surprisingly bright colors on the higher elevations of Sugar Hill. My day began in Peacham, Vermont, but many trees had serious leaf drop, with individual trees showing bright foliage. While New Hampshire doesn't have the charming farms Vermont has, I may incur the wrath of Vermont foliage fans in saying :oops: , at least on this trip, the Granite state had the better color.