The Peacham SOV Meetup has been CANCELLED- yucko weather!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

The Peacham SOV Meetup has been CANCELLED- yucko weather!!!!

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Everyone: I am sorry to say that with much consideration regarding weather for our meetup, as well as feedback from the gang today, I am cancelling our 2012 SOV get-together and back road drive in Peacham. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I apologize, but Mother Nature holds the reins and the inclement weather is just not ideal for the meetup and driving in the afternoon in rain. I tried and I feel very bad if I may have raised the expectations of some of you but we can try again next year!

If for some reason Mother Nature has second thoughts, perhaps you can still drive around the beautiful areas of Peacham, Danville and Barnet, or still go to the Peacham Fall Foliage Festival which I understand is awesome!

Let's hope for a better weather pattern in 2013!

CT

Karma2x

Re: The Peacham SOV Meetup has been CANCELLED- yucko weather

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 am

Yeah, I was gonna wimp out after peeking outside my window this morning. I almost feel that I am the one responsible for the crappy weather in what appears to be the best foliage year in the past several. It was supposed to be dry and sunny when I set out on this trip but it seemed like the clouds followed me and rained on my car all the way from New Haven to Lake Saranac. I spent 4 days in the Adirondacks - the foliage was absolutely spectacular - but I saw 8 minutes of sunlight once on Tuesday morning - thats it. After driving Hazen's Notch road last night in the dark and with driving rain all through, I am gonna hide in my cabin for the rest of the day with the biggest cup of coffee I can brew.

pwt54

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Just as well. Our weatherlady on channel 3 used that ugly 4 letter word - snow! :shock:

lirwin13

Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am

Thanks for the tip about Rte. 3 in the Woodstock (NH) area. I'm heading up for just a day trip on Sunday, and am planning to start in that area and see where I end up. I assume the colors are nice through the notch? Another nice diversion in that area is to take Tripoli Road a couple of miles to the Russell Pond road. A couple of miles on that and you come to Russell Pond campground, right on the lake. Beautiful, but I'm pretty sure the campground and access road close at some point, I just don't remember when. If you get a chance to stop there sometime, you won't regret it.