The Bingo Road

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

The Bingo Road

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:57 pm

The Bingo Road is an easy drive. It doesn't have any long views on the main part but it is a nice drive. About 1/2 way up the road is a small 4 way intersection. If you take a right that road goes up the side of a hill and has a couple good views. Where the road ends there was an old farm there. To pick up the Bingo Road, take route 73 west from route 100 in Rochester. A few miles ahead route 73 does a very sharp left turn. At the top of that left curve on the right side is the Bingo Road / NFH 42. You drive along past some houses and then you will see an old red schoolhouse on your right. Soon after that you will see the Flanders Hill road on your right. This is a SUV / HIKING road only. I did drive my car up that road 4 years ago but it divorced soon after. The road ends by a farm with one of the most unusual views in the State. The road is about 1/2 of a mile long and uphill. If you want to try it drive turn right onto that road and into an open area and take the road to the left and over a small bridge. The road goes uphill and does a hard left turn about 1/2 of the way up and goes uphill again. At the top of that hill there is an open area again. Park there and walk around the gate and up that old road. It's about 1 hundred yards to the old farmsite. Whoever owns that keeps the field mowed and the foundations are easily seen. You'll know what to do with the views. In the upper field they put in a pond. Might be a good reflective photo there. Best time for a photo would be midmorning or midafternoon.

ixl

Re: The Bingo Road

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:42 pm

Awesome. Thanks again, pwt! --c
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!