Andy's VT photo location e-book!!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Re: Andy's VT photo location e-book!!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 pm

mm: You stole my thunder :mrgreen: . I have been waiting to make an announcement here. The one you probably see (is it from my Blog?), is marketed by Blurb, which is a self-publishing hardcover book company. I did it there earlier this summer, but I am not thrilled with the result. it is "o.k.," but I was stuck with their format.

I have a newer Version, called "PHOTOGRAPHING VERMONT'S FALL FOLIAGE, Where to Find the Iconic Shots" that has been put into the distribution chain this week. One REALLY COOL Feature: It has a Foreword written by none other than Arnold J. Kaplan! I am waiting for it to show up on Amazon as a Kindle download, and on iTunes directly as an iBook. It will also be put into Barnes & Noble Nook, and Kobo, among others. Same price. You might want to wait for my announcement. I expect to see it on Amazon yet this week, and iTunes as early as the weekend or next week. Will definitely update folks here as soon as I see that it is available.

Thanks for posting this MM!!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

BTW, our own Al Utzig, has his own eBook just recently Published about Photographing the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. He included 4 thoroughly well-written chapters on appropriate technique and use of gear, before launching into a tour of the best locations. I know he knows his stuff, because he personally guided me on a tour of a lot of it. Search for "THE Photographers Guide to Minnesota's North Shore," by Allen Utzig on Amazon or iTunes. I downloaded the Kindle version last week. I have seen it on iTunes, Kindle, and Kobo. Good stuff!
Andy

Andy

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks, mm. Will let you know as soon as it is out there. Checking it daily
Andy

deaner1971

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:13 am

As a Kindle person, I shall await its release there. Cannot wait!

Finally, I shall have all of those secret spots you have all been using!

autzig

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Andy, I keep checking Amazon to see if your book is there, but not yet. I'm happy for you that you've gotten through the conversion difficulties and you're now published. I know the effort it takes to write and edit a book.

I know all the Vermont lovers on this forum are standing in the e-line to get your e-book :) I'm one of them. I don't have a Kindle but I did download the PC version so I'll be ready when it comes out. Keep us all posted.

Thanks for the plug for my book. It showed up on Amazon first and iTunes after that. I'm still waiting for Barnes and Noble to get it listed. I suspect yours will follow the same order.

Al

Andy

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:28 pm

It is now also in its own topic on this and the Foliage Boards. I will do all updating of links in those two threads.

My eBook has arrived, hopefully just in time for 2012 Fall Foliage.

"Photographing Vermont's Fall Foliage, Where to Find the Iconic Shots" has been delivered in eBook format to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Sony eBooks, Kobo and other eBook providers.

It is currently available for Kindle (Amazon); http://www.amazon.com/Photographing-Ver ... ll+Foliage

It should be in the iTunes/iBookstore in the next couple days (I will come back and fix the link).

This is the eBook Version of my old pdf, and is updated, including GPS coordinates for most places. Forward was written by our own local celebrity, Arnold J. Kaplan.
Andy

deaner1971

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 am

Hey! Now I am not just a virtual friend, I am also a client.

I use my Kindle Fire to keep me awake while I lie on my daughter's floor at night as she falls asleep. Tonight I have something to look forward to!

Reading the description though...GPS coordinates - yes!

Very excited and congrats!

Andy

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks Dean. I am kind of excited, too :-)
Andy

autzig

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Andy, I downloaded your book today and enjoyed looking through it. I wish I would have had something like it when I first went to Vermont. I spent a lot of windshield time looking for photographic locations. Your book would have been very helpful. I leafed through it and recognized many of the places. One of my favorites is the road through Groton State Forest. I've photographed Ricker Pond, the Wells River and Owl's Head and I think you've captured those very nicely.

While I've visited Vermont many times, I haven't been to all the places you've included in your book. I need to get back there to see the rest of them. If I had had your book, I'd have photographed all of them by now. It is a great resource for anyone wanting to photograph Vermont.

Nice work and congrats on your publication.

I have one knock on it though, and you can probably guess what it is: some of your photos are a touch oversaturated. :) Of course that may be just me.

Al

Andy

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks, Al. Of course the reason you think the images are oversaturated is those rose-tinted glasses of yours :mrgreen:

BTW, Thanks to both Al and Dean for being my first paying customers!!
Andy

deaner1971

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 am

Article in this month's OP on digital effects ("How Much is Too Much") and I thought of you two.

Andy

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:45 pm

HI folks: Need a favor here. Would anybody who has downloaded my eBook please go to Amazon and look at the reviews and consider reviewing it? I got one 5-star review from a member here, and recently someone gave it a 1 star. If you read his review, and my comment to him, I believe you'll agree its unfounded, but it really screws up the star rating. I would consider it a huge personal favor.
Andy