A Heads Up

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

A Heads Up

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 am

The weekend before last I was in the hospital with a gall bladder infection. Last week I was in a stuper thanks to the medicine. This week I was well enough to go blackberrying. It looks like the week after Labor Day they will remove the gall bladder. I will be on the same medicine after the operation, so I may not be able to answer questions for a few days. By the time Ctyanky gets up here I should be near normal and will be able to drive her around. But I might get tired easily and I may not be able to carry around her 300 pound "snack pack".
By the time I leave for Florida on October 25th I should be my lovable grumpy self again.

Utah Baker

Re: A Heads Up

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Best wishes for speedy and "happy" recovery when the time comes. I have seen how miserable that can be with one of my daughters, she was pregnant, be thankful your not! :mrgreen:

WXMAN76

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

My official forecast is for a speedy and full recovery! I also have a friend who had gall stones while she was pregnant. she did not have fun either. Maybe this year CT should drive you around! Best wishes my friend, God Bless.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh my dear sweet Phil King of the Back Roads! I promise you I can be the Queen of the Back Roads if "you" promise not to be a back seat driver!!!!!! :lol: You can hold on to the Jimapco, the Cartographic and the Delorme this time and plan all of vegetarian lunches while I'm the Queen!!!! How's that? I'm renting a car so you will be nice and safe with me trolling the unpaved and scary roads of the unknown reaches of the badlands of Vermont! Aren't you so excited? You don't have to drive! I've been thinking about this scenario all day but others have beat me to the punch! (Had to wait to get back online due to the severe storms here - second time today). This will be so much fun, I can see it now! Phil in the passenger seat! :shock:

Really now, seriously, I'm so sorry to hear about your GB. That doesn't sound like a pleasant ordeal at all my poor Phil! You better rest up after it's a goner! Just because I'm driving this year, doesn't mean you are off the hook for fun and adventure every day, from 9-7, with possibly an "extra" day off because of your condition..... :twisted:

Keep us posted Phil on your progress because I will be up there at this time, six weeks from tomorrow!!!!! But like Carol said, "Who's counting?????"

We love you Phil! Be well! Or...... Be there or be square! :D

(I better sign off now before I get carried away and Phil cancels on me altogether). :wink:

autzig

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 am

Phil, sorry to hear about your health issues. The good news is that gall bladder removal is pretty simple these days. In fact, I know someone who just had hers taken out as an out-patient.

I'm happy for you and everybody else on this forum that the problem is now and not at the peak of the foliage season. CT would really be in trouble if she couldn't drag you around on every dirt road in Vermont and forum users would miss your good advice if you medicine induced stupor kept you off line for any amount of time.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Al

pwt54

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am

Just another "fun thing" about growing old. The timing of the attack was bad. I missed the first week of blackberrying, so the other berry pickers beat me to the best berries. My operation is set for the weekend before the Tunbridge Fair, so I will miss that. I should be at 80 percent when Ctyanky arrives and 100 percent when I head to Florida.
This was my first hospital stay since 1956 and my first doctor visit in 20 years. Right now I'm going through tobacco and junk food withdrawals. There is a nicotine patch that really helps, but there is no junk food patch.

faxmachineanthem

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 am

Best wishes, pwt. I'm sure the worst of it will be behind you quickly.

Andy

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm

LOL, Phil!! Why ISN'T there a patch. I think I just figure out how you and I (you do need a lawyer, right) are going to become multi-millionaires :mrgreen:

I am writing the "disclaimer" as we speak, (in the low-talking, fast-talking voice): This product has not been approved by the FDA and may cause itching, headaches, rashes, dizziness, muscle and joint aches, oily discharge, severe flatulence, distemper, grouchiness, hot flashes, chills, shakes, sudden mood swings, thoughts of suicide, thoughts of killing CTYanky, giddiness, hallucinations (sudden moose sightings), and death. Talk to your doctor about whether you are healthy enough for the junk food patch.

Seriously, will be thinking about you the week after Labor Day!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

autzig

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm

If those are the side effects of a junk food patch, I think Phil is already on it. :lol:

Al

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:55 pm

"thoughts of killing CTYanky" ????? Andy???? :?

I didn't catch this litle inuendo the first time around, but just reread your post. You are a trouble maker. If there was a smiley with a tongue sticking out I would paste it here! :wink: You have been coniving with Al too much. . .

And this is the Year of the Moose for me so there will be no hallucinations on the junk food patch. As a matter of fact, I'm just bringing fresh apples, granola, carrots and trail mix in the junk food bag this year. :P

WXMAN76

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 am

My best "moose meet" was in the evening at dusk. I was coming from Wells River VT going to Lincoln NH Via 112. Out of the swamp came a big mother moose and 2 calves! Unfortunately didn't have a camera (which is why I saw them) and cell phones were big clunky things and didn't have cameras! It was exciting. so CT don't bring your camera and you will see some! otherwise i recommend a few episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle or Northern Exposure for you moose thrills! :)