Florida in July

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Florida in July

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 am

When I started telling people I was leaving Michigan to go to Tampa/St. Pete for the 4th of July week, I am pretty sure most of them thought I needed counseling. Its just backwards. I should be going to FLA in the winter and enjoying Michigan's beautiful summer weather in July!

Hmnn. Highest temp while there: 89 degrees. Temp in Saginaw +100 degrees. Maybe it just follows me :mrgreen:

One way to beat the heat is to get out early on the Gulf. Taken from our charter fishing boat at about 6:30 a.m. in Clearwater Harbor:

Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy

Re: Florida in July

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Actually, yes. We caught a bunch of Grouper but all was too small and one species not in season. We also caught about 25 Red Snapper "keepers" a bunch of which we ate for dinner that night.
Andy

deaner1971

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:19 am

There is a big problem with the composition of this photo: I was not the one lucky enough to be in Florida taking said photo...

Hope you had a great time and gorgeous sunrise.

Andy

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am

LOL, Dean. In a "normal" summer, one would not necessarily count it as "luck" being in Florida over the 4th of July week. Especially, one who lives less than 3 hours from the Mackinac Bridge and all of Northern Michigan's great summer happenings (but this year, they suffered, along with you, through 100 degree high humidity, while we in Tampa were in balmy 90 and below temps).
Andy

deaner1971

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:13 am

I know what you mean. My family is from Texas and we always visited in summer because of school. I hated going from the frying pan into the fire with that trip and this year it would have been an improvement because their temps were the same but minus the humidity.

Speaking of which, I need to get down there for some sunrise, sunset and night shots of some of the old missions...