My Woodstock pictures

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

radish

My Woodstock pictures

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:52 pm

This forum is so helpful!! Thanks for all the information I got here.

I drove from central NJ to Woodstock on Oct. 7, and stayed in Woodstock on Oct. 8th. The timing is just right and the color is amazing!!

DCE Nebraska

Your Pictures

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Pictures 2,3, and 4 of the Jenne farm are not very good pictures as for the filter you used. The sky is not blue like in the first picture and the 5th one down. All of the other pictures are great pictures. I was unable to get to Vermont this year but it certainly appears that the foliage was earlier especially at the Jenne farm. How about Route 44 from Windsor to Reading and on over to Tyson. Were all of the Maples on that route as colorful as the Jenne farm? I have been reading this forum every day since Sept 25th and since I have been to Vermont 10 out of the past 13 years, I found it very interesting especially after your big rain and wind.

Andy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey, Radish: What time were you at the Grey Farm on Cloudland Road? We were there late Friday afternoon (Oct 8) and there was a couple their photographing from the perspective your photo look to be from. Was that you? We were two guys, a tall guy and a short guy with identical tripods and Nikons.

I really like your "take" on the Jenne Farm with the cattle in front. I have purposely not gone there in the past, as I didn't want to take just another "Jenne Farm" image (I read somewhere that it is the most photographed farm in the U.S.).
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

radish

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:54 am

Hi, Andy,

Yes, I was at the Grey Farm on last Friday, but it was around 2pm I think. I did see two guys with tripods there, but I am not sure if they were you guys,, because you said it was late Friday afternoon. Did you see a toddler with me? If so, it was me:) This time, my parents, my hubby and my son went to Vermont with me. So it is more like a family vacation plan instead of the photography trip.

Andy wrote:Hey, Radish: What time were you at the Grey Farm on Cloudland Road? We were there late Friday afternoon (Oct 8) and there was a couple their photographing from the perspective your photo look to be from. Was that you? We were two guys, a tall guy and a short guy with identical tripods and Nikons.

I really like your "take" on the Jenne Farm with the cattle in front. I have purposely not gone there in the past, as I didn't want to take just another "Jenne Farm" image (I read somewhere that it is the most photographed farm in the U.S.).

Andy

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Nope, no toddler. It was later for us. I guess a couple guys with tripods in that area isn't unusual :-).

BTW, for those who didn't get there, the "Grey Farm" on Cloudland road is for sale for about $4 million. We learned from the neighbor that it includes about 50 acres including a secluded pond and second cabin up over the hill behind it. It is currently owned by a famous rock musician. However, I am not sure who it is. The neighbor told us it was Stephen Perry, drummer for Aerosmith. However, Stephen Perry is leas vocalist for Journey. Joe Perry is guitarist and backup vocalist for Aerosmith. The current drummer is Joey Kramer. And of course there is Stephen Tyler. I am so confused!!!!! :-)
Andy

Andy

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 am

O.k. Clears THAT up! She did say Joe Perry (but she also referred to him as the drummer for Aerosmith -- she must be country :lol: ).

It IS for sale (sign right on the road). The neighbors dad owns the farm immediately North and the neighbor owns a home across the road. The farm to the North has raised Hereford cattle for a number of years. Apparently, Joe doesn't get to use it enough and is selling. She said the price was $3.8 mill.

And, yes, the "Grey Farm" is also "Sleepy Hollow Farm". One and the same. You will see in his pamphlet that AJK makes note of this. I think it is more commonly known as Sleepy Hollow and that's what David Middleton calls, it in his book. I couldn't remember that when I was writing.
Andy