Photos from my trip

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

faxmachineanthem

Photos from my trip

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 pm

All,
Here are some of my favorite shots from my trip. We spent 10/2 - 10/7 mostly in the NEK. I met up with some folks from the board for sunrise and had a great time. (More on that at the photography forum.) We also went to the Danville Autumn on the Green, which was a highlight. It's such a great festival. Our last outing was a trip to the Billings Farm and Museum in Woodstock. I'm sure many have been there-- it's a beautiful and unique place. Many of these aren't foliage shots necessarily, but whatever. You have to work with what's available. :D

Wheelock Road, Danville (North Danville?)

Tampico Road, Danville

These next three are from the photo outing with the group from this board.

Pond in Barton

same pond in Barton

Burton Hill Road, Barton

Daughter having fun at the Billings Farm

crazy looking chicken at the Billings Farm

May Pond morning, Barton

Tampico Road again, sunset

4sneau

Here area some of my photos

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks, faxmachine.... I remember that I really enjoyed your shots last year, and these don't disappoint either. You do catch some amazingly beautiful shots!

Andy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Nice stuff, Fax. You did a good job capturing the scene at May Pond. I never even "saw" it!

It was great meeting you. Hope to see you again sometime soon!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

faxmachineanthem

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks Andy. I think the May Pond shot is my personal favorite. That was actually taken a morning or two after our outing. I came for sunrise, got some great clouds but they never lit up. But after the sun rose a little more it turned into a spectacular blue sky day with a bit of mist rising. Glad I hung around a bit.

Andy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Now that I think about it, that makes sense. We didn't have any blue sky when we were there, now that I think about it. Guess you have now demonstrated why it is Carol's favorite shooting location.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

autzig

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Fax, these are some nice photos. It is really nice to see how others photograph the same locations. What is amazing to me is that a bunch of us were photographing at the same time and place and we all came up with different photos.

It was nice meeting and spending time with you. Keep on shooting.

Al

ixl

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Very nice shots, Fax.

I was amazed how much that May Pond shot reminds me of some shots I've taken of a pond near here that is completely unrelated...
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!