Photos From Coastal Maine

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MrBumps

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Fantastic shots! Looks like you had some decent color in Acadia. I never seem to get lucky when I go up thre in the fall! Don't you love those crimson blueberry bushes? Love the Jordan Pond shot!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Carol: I just went through your photos for a third time because I was trying to write down my favorites. HOWEVER, there are so many outstanding photos that there turns out to be too many favorites! So let me say this. WOW! Maine in the fall is stunning! You have really outdone yourself on this set! Just looking at them shows me how thrilled you were to be there. It is evident in your photos!

Like you, I grew up as a child going to Cape Cod every year and Vermont in autumn. As an adult, I started heading to Maine. There is nothing like Maine in summer so I don't know what it is like in the fall except in your pictures of course. Nonetheless, I've revisited my times there through your pictures; the salt air, the lighthouses, the harbours, the lobster boats and decoys and traps, the craggy clifts and rocky beaches, the waves crashing on the rocks, the walks down the wooden paths to the lighthouses and those beautiful marshes!

You've captured the essence of Maine as I remember it! And how beautiful it is in the fall!

Great job Carol. New England. I'll never leave it and I know you won't either. :wink:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

faxmachineanthem

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Really great shots Abby! I've never been to Acadia but really want to go especially after seeing your album. I didn't realize the fall colors were so nice there.

I think your lighthouse shots at the beginning would be real stunners if you had good golden light and a blue sky for them. I guess that's the way it goes though-- you don't always get the light you want!

I really like 4, 27, 43, 53. 64 is probably my favorite of the whole album. Great foreground!

76 is really really interesting. The limited depth of field throws me for a loop but in a good way.

I also really like 96, 101, 107 and 109. You finished strong. :D

autzig

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Carol, you took some really nice photos. Last year when I was in Maine, the trees in the Bubbles pond area had already lost most of their leaves. You made some nice photos there. You also did a nice job with the Sommesville bridge. I shot that thing but wasn't very happy with the results. I think we shot Otter cliffs from about the same place. I also like your Cadillac Mountain photos.

Al

rk

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

Great Shots Abby. Looks like you had a fantastic trip.

Has anybody been to Rangeley Lakes , Grafton Notch Region (Mountains near NH Border) of Maine this Fall. Would love to explore that area next year.

randgbaker

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:27 am

Some very nice shots there. I saw Maine for the first time a couple of years ago and got a few nice shots. I love New England in the Fall.

Andy

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:59 am

I leave for Acadia tomorrow. I am afraid I'll have the same experience Al did by the time I get to Jordan Pond. That shot is one of the best I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing here, Carol. I will use them as a guide, and pray that Mother Nature saved some leaves for me!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

GIC

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 pm

What can I say everyone else has taken the words right out of my mouth.
ASTONDING SHOTS !

GIC

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 am

Have a great time Andy! I'm sure you'll be back with some super photos to share with us here!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ixl

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:34 am

Acadia is a wonderful place and you captured it very well. You have "the eye" in terms of composition and it shows here.

I've been to Acadia a few times in the summer but it's on my "list" for the fall. Almost went last year.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!