Some Autumn 2009 shots

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MrBumps

Some Autumn 2009 shots

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 am

I was hoping to be greated with a blanket of snow this morning, and then head out to search for some last pockets of color, mixed with snow. Instead I woke up at 5AM to a bare lawn and a sky full of stars! So I think I am done with my Autumn shots for this year.

Here is a link to my favorites of the season:

http://richennis.com/Gallery/Fall09SS/index.htm

faxmachineanthem

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 am

Wow Richard, that is a lot of really good shots! My favorites are the first cow shot (love it when they stare at you like that! :) ), the 5th shot of the scraggly little tree, the fence in Burke, and my #1 favorite is the stream near the end. I was trying to shoot that same fence in Burke but didn't find the right angle. You have a gift for peaceful and thoughtful compositions.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 am

Beautiful pictures Mr. Bumps (Richard)! I agree with Fax. Very peaceful and tranquil scenes. I love the white horse photo and your "Brigadoon-like" shots of the Scottish Highland cows. And the cow also staring at you from the corner of his eye! So funny!

There is one shot in there that stands out too. It is of a distant town taken from a hillside with the fog and the church steeple, etc. Where is that? Wow!

Great job Richard! As always, your pictures = Vermont Autumn Splendor at its best.
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

lirwin13

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Wow! Great shots, MrBumps! I also love the stream photo, and especially the white fence! Was the white horse by any chance further up Caper Hill Road in Reading (past the sugar shack)? I have a photo of a white horse with the same coloring and same background, just wondering if it's the same one....

MrBumps

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Thanks for the comments on the shots!

CT: The shot of the village in the distance with the fog, and church steeple is Peacham. It's from a hill on the "other" side of the town from which most people shoot. It's a morning shot. There was so much haze that morning that I couldn't get the Depth of Field I had hoped for. Just have to try again next year.

lirwin13: That is a the white horse up on Caper Hill Road. He was in a small pasture with another horse, and a few cows. The white horse is the only one of the bunch that would have anything to do with me!

Aspen

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 pm

When credit is due, certainly warrants being given! Great pictures, Richard!
Really enjoyed all of them! This 2009 Fall Foliage season, I have been raving how "Vermont Cows (wows) Me" so really loved the pictures of your cows; in particular the mother cow and calf!
Aspen

MrBumps

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

abby wrote:Hi Richard,
Excellent shots as always from you! I wrote to you on another post that's probably buried here somewhere.....but I'm not sure if you ever saw it.......so I will say it again (sorry to repeat if you already read it) but anyways, I have been a fan of your work ever since I stumbled upon your website a year or two ago. I have it saved in my favorite places.......so I was thrilled to see you posting here with us.

Thanks so much for sharing the photos! :)
Carol
Hi Carol,

I was checking out your website, and it looks like you got some great shots this fall too! Nice work!

Rich

randgbaker

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:30 am

Some beautiful photos there; nice job!

Rockwall Tim

Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:18 am

Richard: I was proud of my shots until I saw yours. These are beyond incredible. Hard to pick a favorite but the Peacham fog shot might just be the one. Thanks for sharing!
II Cor. 4:17