Turkey Hill - Northfield, VT

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

MrBumps

Turkey Hill - Northfield, VT

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 pm

If any of you are still out looking for color in the next couple of days, I can recommend Turkey Hill Road in Northfield, VT. I was up there this morning a bit after sunrise, and there is still some nice color up there. The nice thing about Turkey Hill, is the best light doesn't hit until about 45 minutes after sunrise, so you can sleep in a bit! You get on Turkey Hill Road right out of the center of town. There is a Subway Shop on the corner of the road. Turn there and you go about 100 yards where the road splits. Keep right. There is a road sign right there, and the road climbs steeply, turning to a dirt road shortly. It's a dead end, but climbs for quite a while, and offers several spectacular views.

Here's a few of shots from this morning.

This last one is a stitch from five shots.

rk

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Nice snaps.
-rK.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Mr. Bumps: these are great shots. I'm writing down Turkey Hill for next year. Looks like a very nice road!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot