Iceland

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

autzig

Iceland

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 am

I just returned from Iceland and for anyone wanting to see my photos from there, here's the link:
Updated Link
http://goldimagesphoto.phanfare.com/6159559

Here's one I made just for CT because I know she has a special affection for Icelandic horses.

Last edited by autzig on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Iceland

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Dear Al: Your photos are spectacular! It was amazing scrolling through all your shots! I love the sheep photos! Most of all, thank you for posting the Icelandic horses for me. I am touched that you thought of me and it was a very special gesture. It looked like they were posing for you!

Once again, you have presented scenes that are of National Geographic quality. Thanks for sharing your Icelandic experience with us all! Just beautiful!:D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Al: I just looked at your photos again. The picture of the rider with the red jacket on the white horse against the waterfalls is a once in a life time shot. It is outstanding! It looks like it could be on the cover of Iceland's travel magazine! :wink:

Utah Baker

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Oh Al, I just came home from work, a wedding luncheon in beelsabubs (sp?) kitchen, and what a welcome sight your spectatcular photos where. Eduring more than a week now of triple digit temps, the sight of the beautiful falls and ice ALMOST gave me a chill (I'm probably suffering from heat stroke!) That being said, I think my favorite would be the mtn goats in the lupines, such intense color. Wow.....everyone a winner.

autzig

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 am

Thank you all for your nice comments about my photos. It was easy to make great photos in Iceland. It is such a beautiful place, all you have to do is point a camera in any direction, shoot and you get a great photo! I'm still going through my photos and I may post a few more.

If you ever have the opportunity to go there, don't hesitate. Just do it.

CT: There are horses everywhere in Iceland. On morning we saw about a dozen of them standing along a pond. Their reflections in the water made for a great photo. As we stopped to photograph them a tour bus went by and they all scattered. It would have been a great shot but not this time. When I saw those horses it reminded me of your Iceland horse ride in Vermont so I knew I needed to get a shot for you.

Carol: I'm doing well. Retirement is a great gig. I have so many things going on, I don't know how I found time to work.

Janice: When it was snowing here in May, you suggested that I needed a trip to Moab. Well, its in the works...August 31 - September 2. We're also doing Great Basin National Park for those dark skies. Maybe you need a trip to Minnesota to get away from the heat.

Utah Baker

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 am

Touche`, and oh how I would love too! But I don't even seem to find time these days to get up to our own lovely mountains and enjoy some cooler air. Hope the temps are pleasant for your trip to Moab, could still be very hot or very nice, lets hope for the latter. Looking forward to your pictures!

autzig

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

I've added a few more photos from Iceland if any of you are interested.

http://goldimagesphoto.phanfare.com/6159559
Updated Link
Last edited by autzig on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:49 am

Dear Al: Really enjoyed the new photos. Now that you are home, you must be thrilled to view them again. They are interesting scenes and I gather you like waterfalls! :wink: It would have been a great shot indeed of all those Icelandics at the pond. Curse the tour bus! You got me thinking again of riding my horses in Vermont this season. I had previously thought of foregoing it this year for something different as a day activity but I might change my mind! :D Thanks again for all these inspiring photos of Iceland. I truly enjoyed them! Have a great adventure to Janice's neck of the woods the end of next month and Happy Fourth of July! CT