Just for Fun

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Utah Baker

Just for Fun

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:11 pm

We some porch guests this May, and I would like to share some photos I took of them.. enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074572829 ... directlink

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Just for Fun

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Janice: these are absolutely amazing photos! Love the baby robins. What a nice series of newborn shots. I hope you provide more as they mature! Thanks for sharing! :D

Utah Baker

Re: Just for Fun

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks abby and ct. Unfortunately the last picture in the series was taken the day they all left the nest, never to return. :( I read online that they don't reuse the nest, but will make a fresh one for each brood. Robins can lay up to four times from April to July, sounds exhausting! Both parents feed and care for their babies never venturing to far away, although I noticed that papa would never sit on the eggs or the new hatchlings, but rather stand guard on the edge of the nest. Mom keeps the nest impectably clean, eating the egg shells and etc. never complain about changing diapers again and you know what I mean! :shock: It was a real treat for the grandkids to watch them thru the front window without distrubing them at all. Mom always kept on eye on us coming and going thru the front door, but seemed to become accustomed to us over the 4 1/2 weeks the nursery was on our porch, letting me stand at the opposite end to take pictures. Such fun! :D