Some Ut Foliage

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Utah Baker

Some Ut Foliage

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 pm

While counting the days till we can leave for Vermont, we spent the weekend viewing the foilage here at home. Although not as bright as recent past years due to the dry conditions, it was still very nice, the reds a little rosy and the haze was still lingering from fires in Idaho, but all in all a nice day. The mountains are a peak this week and starting to move into the valleys, a good week to two weeks early.https://picasaweb.google.com/1074572829 ... directlink

autzig

Re: Some Ut Foliage

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 am

Janice, I didn't realize Utah was a foliage destination! Nice shots. I've seen stands of yellow aspens before but I've never seen so much red.

The one thing I missed when I lived in Oregon was that there was no foliage season. 99% of the trees were Douglas firs and so the only color we saw was the vine maples in the mountains. We can have some nice color here in Minnesota but we don't have mountainsides covered with it like Vermont.

Al

Utah Baker

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks Al, we are usually blessed with great fall foilage in the mountains, lower elevations with rocky mtn. maples and the higher elevations mostly aspens. Vermont's just got more of it! The Sundance ski area is as beautiful as anything I have ever seen back east, and I learned a valuable lesson this year, I don't have any pictures of that area because my camera battery died! :( I'm hoping to get back there tommorrow. I love soaking up as much of this glorious season as I can. :D

deaner1971

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

I also did not realize that it was so varied. I was honestly expecting much more evergreens. Very pretty!