D7000

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

D7000

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 pm

While I was in Grand Teton NP, I had a minor heart failure/moment, when my beloved D700 started acting up. It turned out that the aftermarket batteries I had purchased were the culprit. But with no other camera (other than my P&S), I had nightmares of 3 full days in one of God's most beautiful creations (after Vermont, OF COURSE), without a camera. So, I immediately came home and explained to my wife how important it was to have a backup camera.

After lots of research and thought, I settled on the D7000 which is a theoretical "step down" from the D700 "pro" model I carry. But based on my research, the most important part -- the "power plant" (sensor/processor combination) is pretty darn impressive, and I bought it as a backup. This morning, I finally got out and got a chance to "fumble" around with it. I was reminded how important it is to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the equipment before an important shoot. Here's a result I kind of like. This granary and barns belong to one of my largest, best and favorite farm clients here in Michigan:

I am pretty impressed with its general capability. Will be interested to check on how it works in low light situations
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

deaner1971

Re: D7000

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:47 am

Your wife didn't just offer to buy you some extra batteries? Man, you are good!

Nice picture and let us know how the breaking in period goes.

Andy

Re: D7000

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Will be a write up coming soon on my LightCentric Photography Blog
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .