Grand Teton NP Trip in May 2012

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Grand Teton NP Trip in May 2012

Mon May 28, 2012 4:51 pm

I have now posted images in my "New Additions" section of my website (http://lightcentricphotgraphy.com) for those who care to look.

Had a great, though slightly abbreviated trip, compliments of Delta Airlines scheduling and "on-time" record. What an incredible place for landscape photographers!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

deaner1971

Re: Grand Teton NP Trip in May 2012

Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 am

Andy,

I think the web adress you posted is missing an "o" in "photography".

Here is the link for all of you: http://www.lightcentricphotography.com/

Love the photos Andy and thank you for adding to my bucket list!

And what was the cigar of choice while you were shooting? Next time we will both be in Vermont, I will bring along one of my humidors so you can help me work through my collection.

Andy

Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 pm

LOL, Dean! Way to sabatoge myself :-). Haven't you all heard of photgraphy? I think its a discipline related to phlebotomy.

Thanks, Dean. Lots of fun in GT! Will go back in late September / early October one day (even at the sacrifice of Vermont).

Are you planning to attend the 2015 reunion? We can compare cigars then. The cigar you see in my hand is actually a JR alternative cigar. After trying real Cubans, Cohibas, Monte Cristo and several other expensive cigars, I have found that I enjoy the JR alternatives as much and at a fraction of the price. I order them form JR's in NY and with shipping, they average right around $2 - a bargain in this age for a hand-rolled cigar.

I do have some name brand cigars in my humidor. I keep some Monte Cristo, H. Upmann, Romeo & Julietas. But my absolute favorite is a La Flor Dominica double ligero chisel tip. You really want to be sitting down when you smoke it :-). Maybe Mr. Ed was trying to persuade me not to blow the smoke his way :-).
Andy

deaner1971

Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 am

Andy,

My all-time favorite is the Hemingway Signature. I also like the Hemingway Short Story if I don't have a lot of time but still want a quality, full flavor smoke.

My mention of a bucket list made me think of a new question for the gang that I shall post shortly.

Back on cigars, I think I can safely say I am in for 2015. I just wish a year that sounds so futuristic to my 20th century brain was not, in fact, so darned close!

Andy

Wed May 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Is the Hemingway an Arturo Fuentes cigar? Will have to look for it
Andy

deaner1971

Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am

Yes, that series is. A torpedo design which I like when I am out shooting because the narrowed end makes lighting so much faster and easier and yet you still get a great even burn.

autzig

Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am

Getting back to photography...

Andy, you got some really nice photos. Getting there early enough so there was still snow on the Tetons was a good idea. I've thought I'd like to go back early in the year, for that very reason.

Al

Andy

Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 am

Al: Thanks. I have already decided my next trip will be in Late September/or the very first of October. We did purposely choose this time of the year in hopes of both snow cap and more dramatic skies. MN participated but only with 50% - skies were almost too clear and blue. We were also trying to beat the crowds. One downside to that is that every time we tried to find something for our wives to do with us, they kept telling us that's closed. Will open on Memorial Day. We left the Weds before MD weekend.

BTW, Al, I would be glad to send you a cigar for your Springtime trip there :mrgreen:
Andy