Rob. Rodriguez Jr./The Making of "Clear Water, Hudson River”

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

bbolding

Rob. Rodriguez Jr./The Making of "Clear Water, Hudson River”

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 am

I met Robert Rodrquez Jr. this past fall at the photo expo in NYC at the Canson booth. He was repping Canson, and had some extraordinarily beautiful large prints of his work on display. I found out he lives a little ways down the Hudson river from where we live, and shoots frequently in the same region as I do.
He as a very brief bit on his site at link below about "the making of an image" and his roundtrip workflow from LR to PS and back - I thought it was worth passing along - and also a chance to see some new landscape work.

http://robertrodriguezjr.com/2012/01/04 ... -panorama/
"The best camera, is the one you have with you"

Andy

Re: Rob. Rodriguez Jr./The Making of "Clear Water, Hudson Ri

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am

Interesting piece, Brandt. Thanks for sharing it with us. I really am going to try to dig into LR this Winter and start using some of its features.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

deaner1971

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 am

Brandt,

I desperately want to come out and shoot in the Catskills soon. I didn't realize you were in the Hudson River Valley and, if you have shot in the Catskills, I may have to annoy you with some questions.

Reading the piece you sent out and thanks!

deaner1971

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 am

Just finished the article and I have an embarrassing admission - the warning about not using a polarized filter was a "wha? Oh!" moment.

I have not shot panoramas yet so maybe I would have caught it at the time but it was still a great tip. My CPL stays on my camera for much of foliage season so when I think about it, it is usually in terms of adjusting to the sun's position or whether I just want to take it off. Not having shot panoramas, I had not thought in terms of interrelated pictures and the impact of a CPL.

Interesting article, thanks!