PHOTO LOCATIONS

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

Andy
Site Admin

TOWNSEND-NEWFANE-BRATTLEBOR0 AREA

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Vermont Route 30 between Brattleboro and Townsend has some really nice photographic opportunities, including the Dummerston Covered Bridge, the Common at Newfane (including the Windham County Courthouse and a couple of nice Churches), and the Common at Townshend. Nearby there is the Townsend Lake Reservior and several covered Bridges. I used Brattleboro as a base of operations where there is affordable accomodations, a nice downtown and some good restaurants. It has the added plus of being very close to I-91 which makes it a pretty quick trip to points in to the North, including Woodstock, Waits River Area, and NEK, or to jump onto I-89 from I-91 and head over to the middle of the state for points including Stowe, and Waitsfield-Warren.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy
Site Admin

PHOTO LOCATIONS

Postby Andy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:07 am

This thread is a Merger/Consolidation of several old "sticky" threads on location. The sticky topic list was growing so long that it was obscuring new posts.

This thread is a place to find and post information about LOCATIONS for photograpy, as opposed to general photographic locations. We are looking here for DIRECTIONS, information about where to find a shot, parking, changes to the locations and subjects, etc.

If your post refers to an area already noted here (subject in all capital letters), please use the prefix RE: and the area in the subject area, even if it is a reply). If it is a BRAND NEW scene or area, the subject should be titled in All Caps. Moderators will reserve the right to determine whether it is an NEW area or a modification.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

deaner1971

Re: PHOTO LOCATIONS

Postby deaner1971 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:48 am

To follow-up on Andy's mention of the Townsend/Newfane area, the Scott Bridge over the West River is a nice stop. It is to the right if you are coming from the Manchester/Stratton/Jamaica direction and on the left if coming from Brattleboro. There is a little parking area right by the bridge but, you can climb down (BE CAREFUL) to a stone ledge slightly down river from the bridge and get a shot up stream of the bridge.

My shot of the bridge is, both later in the season and in the day, than is optimal.

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”