Development/Growth of a Photographer

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

deaner1971

Re: Development/Growth of a Photographer

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Andy,

Really good point. I was sliding into kind of an absolutist way of thinking.

My subtext there was that I was feeding off a perceived shared predisposition to "realism" I saw in Brant's comment.

As of now, my photographer's "voice" is one more rooted in portraying slightly idealized reality, if that makes sense. And it was from that perspective that I was speaking. I can appreciate others' work that is different from this but, in what I am currently seeking to create, that is the particular edge I wish to hone.

You made a really useful point because my words did not reflect a careless use but actually did reflect a bias that I have but which I shouldn't allow to be my sole perspective.

Andy

Re: Development/Growth of a Photographer

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Dean: I "got" that. I thought you were using "should" in that way. I kind of took advantage of the generalized meaning to make my own point (as any good lawyer advocate would :mrgreen: ).

For what its worth, I agree with you. My own view seems to tend toward, as you put it so well, "idealized reality."

Good discussion. I am internalizing this stuff here and maybe some of it sinks into the subconscious and comes out through images to come.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .