Engagement Photo shoot locations?

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

mirrorrim

Engagement Photo shoot locations?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm brand new to Vermont and overwhelmed with all the "photo-scenic" locations available. I'm looking for a location that is easy to get to and offers a couple different backdrops (whether it be water, trees, meadow, side of a barn, etc). Mild hiking would be okay too. Preferably a place within an hour of Burlington.

Any suggestions? I plan on checking out Niquette state park but I'm worried the hiking to the different locations may be too much.

deaner1971

Re: Engagement Photo shoot locations?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

Sorry, aside from one trip years ago, my experience is all SW Vermont. Pretty broad experience here and I am sure someone will have some insights.

I am in a somewhat similar boat as I have a couple getting married in SW Vermont who would like some casual and scenic photos taken. I have lots of sites in mind but now I must await the weather's capricious whims.

Good luck!

MrBumps

Re: Engagement Photo shoot locations?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 pm

My son just got married this Summer. His photographer did an engagement set down on the Burlington Waterfront around the boat house. They came out very nice. You may also want to check out Red Rocks Park, or Oakledge Park, both in Burlington/South Burlington. Shelburne Farms in Shelburne is also beautiful. There would be a nominal fee to get on the grounds, but there are tons of possible photo ops there. Here is a link to their site: http://www.shelburnefarms.org/comevisitus/index.shtml