Some California "Color"

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

faxmachineanthem

Re: Some California "Color"

Postby faxmachineanthem » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 am

Hey Andy, just came across these. Great shots, all your research for the trip paid off. The dusk shot of the GG bridge deserves to be printed big. :D I hope you'll post more from your trip.

brandtb

Postby brandtb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 am

Andy - love that Bay Bridge shot! Hope you got "sustenance" nearby at Ferry Terminal...glad you got to see Muir Woods...

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 am

Fax: Great to hear from you. Thanks. Had a good outing in CA. Looking for your shots from Vermont! Hope all is going well with you. I did the research, but didn't have half the time I needed to go everywhere and see everything! Good news is, I'll probably go back.

We did a Napa Valley tour to some very small, private vineyards. Have a standing invitation to come back and photograph one of them in the "good light." Looks like November is the time the vines all turn color. Will have to plan a trip back for that.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

Brandt: Thanks. Thanks, also, for your insights re where to go. Did get to the Ferry Terminal a couple times. Would agree with your assessment. Daughter's place is about 6 city blocks from there and I was down there 3 or 4 mornings by sunrise.

Got several shots of the Bay Bridge that I like. It may just be the more photogenic bridge in SF (blasphemy, I know).

Fax: Uploaded my first "take" to my website (http://lightcentricphotography.com) last night. It has more images.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

brandtb

Postby brandtb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:42 pm

The GG is a hard master...but the BB always seems to have some great light...and fog. I like the that first air show shot on your web gallery too...red planes.

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”