Second Looks....Please share yours!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

abby

Second Looks....Please share yours!

Postby abby » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 pm

I was just browsing through last years images from my Vermont Foliage trip and came across one that I didn't think too much about at first, but tonight I processed it.....brought out some of the dark areas, and I think I like it!
This was taken up on Bragg Hill Road just after sunrise.
Please share any of your second looks you may have from previous years on this thread. With the upcoming season just days away, it's fun to look back on what we took last year. Would love to see any second looks if you have any!
Carol

brandtb

Re: Second Looks....Please share yours!

Postby brandtb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

Sugar House, Macks Mountain Road @ Peacham. I still am not totally crazy about this shot as a great photo...but I loved sleeping in the car with the windows open...waiting for the sunrise...everything still and peaceful...one of my absolute favorite memories of VT.

abby

Postby abby » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Your "not a great photo" would be a "pretty damn good photo" if it were mine! :wink:
Thanks for sharing Brandt.

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 am

I like it!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

brandtb

Postby brandtb » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks and thanks. Just before the sun rose...I was shooting the mountains in the east alone in the field...going about my business...then all of a sudden I heard some heavy breathing and quickly turned around and I was nearly encircled by about 20 Holsteins. I did my best Dr. Doolittle...stayed calm..."talked to the animals"...and one by one they came and smelled the tripod...and then one by one went down the hill...

brandtb

Postby brandtb » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 am

This quick stitch...from just before Sun broke...same loc.

abby

Postby abby » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:49 pm

brandtb wrote:Thanks and thanks. Just before the sun rose...I was shooting the mountains in the east alone in the field...going about my business...then all of a sudden I heard some heavy breathing and quickly turned around and I was nearly encircled by about 20 Holsteins. I did my best Dr. Doolittle...stayed calm..."talked to the animals"...and one by one they came and smelled the tripod...and then one by one went down the hill...

LOL....It amazed me when I learned (from experience) :wink: that cows are soooooo inquisitive!!! I never knew that before I started photographing them.
Carol

Karma2x

Postby Karma2x » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:02 pm

moon1.jpg
moon1.jpg (208.41 KiB) Viewed 6171 times

Oh, sorry. I thought you said double takes instead of second looks! :lol: And yep, those are pumpkins!
Somewhere along Rt 100 in the Killington area. Took this in 2008, I think.

mmvt

Postby mmvt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:37 pm

those pumpkins are just up the road from Kent Pond - across from the Grey Bonnet restaurant. THIS year, they have one mooning pumpkin with a sign next to him that says "this one's for you Irene"!! I have a photo I'll upload at some point!

ctyanky

Postby ctyanky » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:43 pm

mmvt: we drove past "This one's for Irene" today twice. Made quite a statement. Too rainy to take a picture!

abby

Postby abby » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Wow! Full moons in Killington!!! Thanks for sharing the image Karma...and thanks for the laugh! The colors sure looked good there last year. I look forward to seeing mmvt's pictures.
Carol

autzig

Postby autzig » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

I've been looking through some of the photos I made in Vermont last year. This is one from Carol's photo workshop. I was excited about it when I captured it, but upon seeing it, I was disappointed. After another look, I like it better.

Al

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:26 pm

I remember this one, Al. Those clouds were moving so fast I think you were the only one who captured the moon in the clear
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

abby

Postby abby » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:34 pm

I do like this shot too Al. I really like the mood it conveys.
Yes, those clouds were moving very quickly that morning.
Sigh........when I think back to that morning it puts a big smile on my face. I had so much fun. Looking at this image takes me right back to that moment in time.
I'm not sure that's the moon......isn't it the sun breaking through the heavy layer of fog??? I think it is.
Thanks so much for sharing your image here Al!!!
Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”