Summer scenics?

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

BostonRott

Summer scenics?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Any suggestions from the locals on summer scenics? Fields of wild flowers? Good barns? Good overall scenes? :D :D
Gretchen

Andy

Re: Summer scenics?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 am

Of course, Gretchen, it depends on what you are interested in photographing. With green foliage on, I am sure many of the fall foliage scenics would look great. Of course, in some cases, the foliage may obscure the main subject or parts of it.

Also, there are some great shots from up on some of the Mountain outlooks (e.g., Mansfield and the Equinox). I never tended to spend much time around Lake Champlain, because I grew up in a Lake Michigan town, but there are some really nice scenics involving sailboats in the harbor in Burlington and up arount St. Albans.

At this time of year, I would also think you might get some really nice "pattern" shots around farms with hay mowed in rows and down on the fields.

Just a few thoughts
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

BostonRott

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Carol,

These are STUNNING!!! No, haven't been to VT yet, and probably won't. My truck is still undergoing major repairs, and without it, we can't bring along the dog. At this point, with a PA trip planned soon, and school starting in late August, I don't see it happening.

I just LOVE that first shot, absolutely AMAZING! :)
Gretchen

Andy

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Love the Sunburst, beams and lighting! The belteds are cool, too!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Utah Baker

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am

Carol, Love seeing pictures of Vermont in any season, ahh I can almost smell the grass, and I always love the cows! :)