Carol's Barton workshop

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

faxmachineanthem

Carol's Barton workshop

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 pm

I have to post a few shots from Carol's "workshop", as Al called it. Actually, it was more of an informal gathering but it was in Carol's corner of Vermont. She took us to some really nice spots, and I got some of my best photos of the trip on this jaunt. I'll post those in a different topic, but here's some shots of the group in action. :D It was really nice meeting everyone. You couldn't have been more friendly.

must have been a moose down the road

George, Al, Andy

Al following the light

Andy joining Al

Andy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am

And there it is. Andy FOLLOWING Al!!! :lol:

Seriously, Fax, thanks for posting this. I agree with Carol that it was great to shoot with you guys and meet everyone.

And, like you, I am AFRAID may best images might be from that morning. The problem is, I spent the next 7 days in the state :(

Had to work to find images this year. Haven't had a chance to sit down with a "real" monitor and look. Will see what we found.

Thanks, Carol, for making this happen!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

faxmachineanthem

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Hey Andy,
Yes it was hard work this year. Last year I was definitely more productive, but still got a handful of real keepers so I'm happy. My best pictures mostly were not foliage shots, but sunrise/sunset type shots. Ones that I thought would be my favorites were not, and some sleepers turned into my favorites. You just never know until you start playing around with them in post-processing.

autzig

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Carol's workshop was great. With her showing us around, we couldn't help but capture some great photos. As difficult as it is to roll out of bed long before sunrise, the early morning light makes the sleepiness disappear very quickly.

I had a great time, meeting up with friends from last year and making new ones this year.

While Tim doesn't get mentioned much on this board, the fact that he put this forum together, ultimately makes him responsible for getting this group together. His board, coupled with CT's enthusiasm and we get a meet up like we had. Thanks Tim and you too, CT.

Al

Andy

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Great point, Al. None of this would have happened without Tim starting and hosting this forum. He has been generous to us all. Thanks Tim!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .