My woes

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

abby

My woes

Postby abby » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 pm

My laptop has decided it wants to take some sick time, and I guess it doesn't want to come to VT with me tomorrow. :-( I am leaving here tomorrow for 10 days in Vermont. The screen on my laptop died today. It will take over 48 hours to get the part......certainly not enough time.

Luckily, my kids must like me because my 2 oldest both offered me to take their laptops. I chose the one that has the most memory. I am very grateful. Yes, things could certainly be worse, and if this is the worst thing that happens during this vacation, then I will consider myself very lucky indeed!

I just downloaded Picasa, a free photo editing software to my sons laptop so that I can at least process my daily photo for my 365 day blog while I'm away. Picasa now accepts RAW files, (I just practiced to be sure) so I'm good to go I guess.

Timing is everything huh? :roll:
Carol

BostonRott

Postby BostonRott » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, better that than a camera issue!!! (Which is what I was thinking when I saw your title). :shock: Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly, looking forward to seeing your work. :D
Gretchen

abby

Postby abby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:40 am

Hi Gretchen,
Thank goodness not!!!!! :shock: Just a laptop issue. :wink: I am also very lucky it happened yesterday because it gave me a chance to borrow a laptop. If it broke while I was already in VT, then I'd be out of luck........and searching the stores for more memory cards to store all of my files.
Carol

BostonRott

Postby BostonRott » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:43 am

Safe drive, don't blow away!!
Gretchen

abby

Postby abby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:28 am

LOL Gretchen,
The winds here in Southeast MA are ferocious this morning. Still not a drop of rain here though, and we keep getting peaks of sunshine through the clouds. I'm sure we'll be hitting the rain on the drive up this afternoon, but then it looks like clear sailing for the remaining of the trip weatherwise.
Carol
PS Even though the winds are very strong, there doesn't seem to much leafdrop here, considering the condition of our tress in this area.

BostonRott

Postby BostonRott » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 am

No minimal leaf drop here too, mostly just acorns. They keep saying we're going to get rain, I don't see it. The skies seem almost to be clearing.
Gretchen

autzig

Postby autzig » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 am

I"m in Franconia, NH waiting out the rain. According the the Weather Channel, we've had 2-4 inches and are expecting 2 - 4 more. My photography plans have been wiped out for the day. It has been a constant downpour all morning.

Al

pwt54

Postby pwt54 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Abby, the rain won't start until the Red Sox/Yankees game. "What's the matter for you?" :D

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”