Processing and Archiving Your Digital Photos

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

brandtb

Forgot This

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 am

I do not under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use PS (any version)for any color work on photographs...NONE...nada...non...nyet.. The color tools in LR3 and ACR6 are so much more precise...you cannot compare the two.

deaner1971

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Thank you all for the input (especially since it completely affirms what I was thinking ;)) and for the advice in the Amazon sale.

Looks like there will be another LR user here before too long.

So the saving of the changes, rather than saving a changed picture, is what is meant by "non-destructive" changes then? That is brilliant. No more eating up tons of drive space with a variety of versions of the same photo at different way-points in then edit process.

Feeling really good about this decision. Thank you all again.

BostonRott

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Yep, that's it! :) If you are good about key wording the photos, you can then also make collections really quickly. Each year I shoot 8-10,000 photos. When I import, I put a quick note in the key wording as to what something is.....or if the kids/dogs are in it, I stick their names in it.

I can now have LR look through at catalog of several 10,000 photos, and instantly pull out my dau, my son, both, a particular dog, a location, etc. It's an incredibly powerful program!!

You can also find lots of free tutorials on Youtube, if you just search on Lightroom <what to do> :)
Gretchen

deaner1971

Re: PROCESSING AND ARCHIVING YOUR DIGITAL PHOTOS

Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 am

LR3 is on sale on Amazon for $149.99!!! Just got the note today and picked up my copy.

Act quick if you have been on the fence!