Alaska

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Alaska

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:48 am

Just finished a 7 day cruise North from Vancouver, BC through the "Inside Passage" of Alaska. Images from my trip are HERE

I know its not Vermont Photography, but hope you enjoy.

Will be in Vermont in October, so, hope to post some real Vermont stuff this fall!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

faxmachineanthem

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 am

Wow, a lot of great shots for only 7 days. Looks like you had some nice weather. I really like #48, #61, and #86. But the best are those eagle shots. :shock: Wow. How was the trip?

ixl

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 am

Some very nice stuff, Andy... Alaska looks like a great place to visit, dying to go there sometime!
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

Andy

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey there, FAX: Thanks. The trip EXCEEDED all expectations. The ship was great. The Food was good to great. Alaska (at least from late May - September) is truly a natural wonderland. Views every place you look. I wonder if most Alaskans take it for granted, or -- like me -- just keep turning, looking, and saying "WOW"!

Knowing it was a cruise and a family vacation, my photographic expectations were quite low. I was pleasantly surprised. Being on the cruise and/or a train 98% of the time, makes for a real challenge. My next trip to AK will be land -based with more time to find and work subjects. We knew, for example, we wouldn't see much in the way of wildlife. No grizzlies, Dall Sheep, etc. I know they are plentiful there, though -- so will expect to see them on a Land trip.

Charles - don't wait too long! It truly is a photographer's wonderland. My late father always said he wanted to go there. But he always had something more important to do. We often tend to follow in our parents footsteps and repeat history. I am trying to change that pattern in my own life and my wife and I are doing some of the things we have said we were "going" to do! Its rewarding (expensive too :-) ). Thanks for the comment.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .