We only got a dustin'

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

abby

We only got a dustin'

Postby abby » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:13 pm

While the blizzard rages just south of us here in southern New England, we only got a dusting from the storm. Here's a few shots from today:

How is your winter going? Anyone else have any winter photos to share???

Carol

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Here's my only "keeper" of the Winter, so far, taken with the new D700. Not much snow or drama here in Mid-Michigan (due to El Nino').

Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

abby

Postby abby » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah!!!!! A D700 shot finally! ;) Looking GREAT Andy! It's a clasic "Andy image"...intimate close-up.......wonderful lighting too.

Looking forward to seeing more from the D700. We are expecting a foot of snow here on Wed. :

Carol

faxmachineanthem

Postby faxmachineanthem » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

I'm still hoping to make a winter trip to Vermont although I'm running out of time. They haven't had much snow up there this year either. In the meantime here's some I've grabbed locally. I like to run out to the lake around sunset. These are from 3 different days. The last shot was from right after the big snowstorm last week which dumped about 18 inches on us.

abby

Postby abby » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am

Nice job on these FAX and I'm so glad you shared them. I really like those late day skies. So, you got 18 inches of snow? We have gotten diddly-squat around here. This has to be the craziest winter! We have missed so many of the big storms, just south of us. Also, we had another big coastal storm the past few days....it snowed here for 2 days straight, but it didn't stick to the ground! I've never seen anything like that before. The temperature at the lowest level of the atmosphere was just too warm for the snow to stick. It's stuck to the grassy surfaces and shrubs, but not so much on the tree limbs. Just crazy!
We've had a lot of coastal erosion from thse big coastal storms as well. I've taken a few trips down to the beach after these storms and have seen quite a bit of damage and remnants of the high tide overflow on some of the parking lots and streets that are right along the oceans edge.

Back on track......you mentioned hoping to get to VT. I agree! This is the very first winter, in about 12 years, that I haven't made any trips to VT. I was supposed to go during February school vacation, but had to change my plans due to some life circumstances that got in the way. It's actually ok because there was no snow anyways up there. I do miss it though.....very much......and I am badly in need of a Vermont Fix.

Please let us know if you do make it up there, and of course share your photos! Thanks.
Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”