Juried Art Show Acceptance

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

abby

Juried Art Show Acceptance

Postby abby » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 am

I recently submitted 2 photos for consideration into the Duxbury Art Association Winter Juried Art Show in Duxbury MA. and one of the photos was accepted into the show. It's a prestigious art show and I believe there were around 500 pieces submitted for consideration, and 84 pieces were selected.

This one is the one that got accepted. It is a photo of my parents, walking hand in hand, at Crystal Lake in Barton:

The 84 selected pieces are from 8 different categories of art....not just photography. There are oil on canvas paintings, charcoal, mixed media, etc. etc. I am very honored to have my photo selected into this show and wanted to share my news with you. This is one of my favorite photos. My mother is unsteady on her feet, and my Dad is legally blind. Together they walk, hand in hand, supporting each other every step of the way. I titled this photo "Hand In hand" which I felt was an appropriate title. My father on the other hand had his own idea for a title. He wanted me to title it "Rounding Third And Headed For Home". :wink: My parents are very religious, and the more I look at this photo and the treatment that I gave to it, the more I appreciate my Father's title for the photo as I think it has a spiritual connotation.

Carol

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Congratulations, Carol
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

abby

Postby abby » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks Andy. There is a reception this Friday night that we will be attending. Although I didn't "place" or win any awards......as they say at the Academy Awards......."It's an honor just to be nominated".......:), and that is exactly how I feel!
Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”