Its That Time Again!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Its That Time Again!

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Fall Foliage Photography time is here. I am reading over on the Foliage Forum that there are even some high elevations and parts of the NEK that are already at or near peak!

This is without at doubt my favorite time of the year. In fact I blogged about it this month on my LightCentric Photography Blog.

Sadly, I will not make it to Vermont this year -- though it sounds like a pretty good year! I plan to be in Maine later this month, though. I hope some of you will become re-invigorated about this forum and post some of your successes, newfound spots and general thoughts about photography here!

Good luck with the fall season.
Last edited by Andy on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Photosbyzen

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi Andy,
I am new but have quickly become one of the silent fans of yours. I've been sitting with a cup of tea, looking thru all the threads taking in the wonder that is Vermont thru every one's eyes. Thank you.
I will be heading up to Stowe in 12 days for a week. I know last year I took some crazy amount of shots while there. I don't see this year being any different.

Semper Fi
Kevin Mac

Andy

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Kevin: Glad you spoke up! Hope you'll share your Stowe experience and some of your photos with us. I am concerned that 12 days from now, a lot of the color may be gone from Stowe. But it is a good starting point for trips to other spots where there still may be good color. Peacham is a pretty easy day drive from there, for example. Good luck and welcome to the forum. And thank you for our service to our country!!
Andy

Andy

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 am

Thanks Carol. Great "finds." You know me well enough to know that I'll make a B-line for that Regan Road shot the next time I am in VT. But the pond on Wheeler Mt. Road looks pretty nice. I can see there are some Barton Shots that are worth the trip over the notch.
Andy

pwt54

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 am

Andy, if you are in the Montgomery area you should also do the West Hill and Hill West Roads and the Fuller Bridge/ South Richford Road for some more views.

Andy

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks, Phil. Seeing as that isn't far from you, I'll probably just hire you as a personal Guide :)
Andy

CodyBing

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 pm

abby wrote:Image
[img]
Carol, this shot is awesome. If this is a common scene, I'm totally rethinking my current Washington State residency. :D

Photosbyzen

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Carol that shot is fantastic. I am so hoping that this little wind storm has not hindered the beauty that awaits.

Once again wonderful shot's

Andy you can bank on myself posting some photos ;)