Free photo editting software

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

pwt54

Free photo editting software

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 am

This is for all of you amateur picture takers (like me :D ). Your point and shoot cameras will come with some simple photo editting software. If you want something better but don't want to spend too much money on software, there is some good free software out there in the vast wasteland of the internet. Two of the most popular are Gimp and Photoscape. Gimp is powerful and has a lot of features. But it can be confusing to newbies. Photoscape is almost as powerful and has lots of features, but it is easier to use. I use photoscape most of the time. This software has a lot of features and adjustment that may overwhelm you at first. Don't let it. Just save a photo in a folder and use it to experiment and practice. Some of the less obvious adjustments are dilate and erode in the bright color section, and the film effect adjustments in the filters section. I use these a lot. All of these adjustments and effects are not as complicated as them seem. Give yourself an hour or two of practice and they will become second nature to you.