What's on your "Bucket List?"

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

autzig

Postby autzig » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Carol, congratulations on your eagle shots. They look very good to me: nice composition on both. I'd love to see them at full size. I hope you shot the sunset at Cadillac Mountain. Enjoy your trip.

Al

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 pm

I have many things on my "bucket list." Two of them are: 1 - Shoot the Split Rock Lighthouse, and 2 - Finally get to meet my good friend Al -- Both are going to happen this month! At the end of the month, I fly into Minneapolis to spend a long weekend shooting the Minnesota "North Shore" with Al and our now mutual friend, Rich. And, we have Al as our guide. If Mother Nature cooperates, we cannot miss!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

abby

Postby abby » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:06 am

autzig wrote:Carol, congratulations on your eagle shots. They look very good to me: nice composition on both. I'd love to see them at full size. I hope you shot the sunset at Cadillac Mountain. Enjoy your trip.

Al

Thanks Al! We never made it up to Cadillac Mtn on this trip, believe it or not. Went up twice when I was there in the Fall though.
Carol

abby

Postby abby » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:10 am

Andy wrote:I have many things on my "bucket list." Two of them are: 1 - Shoot the Split Rock Lighthouse, and 2 - Finally get to meet my good friend Al -- Both are going to happen this month! At the end of the month, I fly into Minneapolis to spend a long weekend shooting the Minnesota "North Shore" with Al and our now mutual friend, Rich. And, we have Al as our guide. If Mother Nature cooperates, we cannot miss!

You are going to have a wonderful time Andy...........I so enjoyed shooting with Al last Fall in Vermont. One more thing on my bucket list is shooting with both you and Al and the way things are looking, I think I'm going to be crossing that one off my list this year. :D Really looking forward to it.

abby

Re: What's on your "Bucket List?"

Postby abby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Well........I still don't have my dream moose shot....yet....but I did find one bull moose swimming across Compass Pond which is along the Golden Road in Millinocket Maine. I spent a three day weekend up there last weekend. I had zero luck seeing any moose in Baxter State Park, but I did have luck along the Golden Road, (A logging road which runs from Millinocket ME to Canada)
My 300 mm lens was not long enough, as this guy was a long distance across the pond. BUT, it was great to see him in his natural environment and to be able to make some behavioral images. The light was flat, as it was an overcast day.

The following day we spotted these two cows, but they were very far away feeding in a boggy area. I was pleased to be able to incorporate them in a landscape image though.

Now one may need a magnifying glass to see them......but that's ok. :-)

Carol

ctyanky

Postby ctyanky » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:48 am

Beautiful shots Carol!!!! Lucky you! Love the pond photo of the moose the best! :D

abby

Postby abby » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks CT! I actually was thinking about you when I was on this trip. You would have loved it!
Carol

mmvt

Postby mmvt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Carol- i am so glad you got a moose shot!! I was just putting my imac back together after having the hard drive replaced and came across this photo - it's a terrible shot from a fogged up camera 10 or so years ago, BUT it was an amazing moose that showed up in our back yard of the house we used to rent on 100A - this is the only shot i got but i actually SAW him MUCH closer and that "photo" is literally embedded in my memory (my real memory, not the computer :-)
When I first saw him, he was standing like a statue in the back yard - about 40 feet from the door i had opened. he then wandered around the barn and up 100A to the front of the house where we went outside to try and see him - again, he was about 30-40 feet from us! After we got a good view (and no photos) he turned around walked back down the center of the road and then over the railing and into the woods!
They ARE amazing animals and I am looking forward to seeing your 'dream shot' one day!! :D

abby

Postby abby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for sharing your moose shot MMVT. I know exactly what you mean about it being embedded in your memory. I have lots of those too and they are cool memories to have!!!
Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”