Any new fall photos?

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

pwt54

Postby pwt54 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:44 am

Abby you did a great job editing that photo. Autzig, I like your photo of the mill. I'll keep that place in mind for my next Florida trip. I've been to West Virginia a couple of times and really enjoyed it. I had thought of driving over there on my way back home but it was snowing over there on Oct. 25th. So we did the Parkway from Roanoke north. We could see snow squall after snow squall over in West Virginia. If the colors over there are anything like Parkway, then the 3rd week of October is the time to be there.

autzig

Postby autzig » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:02 pm

PWT, do plan to visit the mill at Babcock when you get a chance. It is an easy shoot. The parking lot is right there and it is an easy walk down to the stream's edge. Depending on the water flow you may be able to do some rock hopping like I did to capture the photo you commented on. When I visited there in 2007, there was a lot of water in the stream. Here's a photo I took then. http://goldimagesphoto.com/water/water1102.html

Quite a difference! I understand that 2008 was a drought year in West Virginia and most of the trees dropped their leaves rather than turning color.

abby

Postby abby » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 am

PWT:
Thanks.......glad you like what I did with the photo.

Al:

Another gorgeous photo and there really is quite a difference between the two. I know you were disappointed not catching all of the leaves in full color, but.......Man......that is one awesome photo!!!! I love it and I can only imagine how it would look with the leaves all turned.

OFF TOPIC:

Happy Thanksgiving to all who post (and even all who lurk :wink: ) here on the photography forum. By the time you're reading this, your bellies will all have been full and I hope your hearts are full as well! :lol:

Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”