Thank you!!!!!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

autzig

Postby autzig » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 am

Those who think that making adjustments to a digital photo is somehow altering the photo fail to think that when they take their film into Walmart, that the developing machines there have standard adjustments that enhance the photo, including color saturation and sharpening. Most people would be very dissatisfied with the way their photos look if they got them back exactly the way they came out of the camera.

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Phil: The newest version of Elements (is it 5??) is really pretty powerful. I downloaded a trial version a few months back to look at it for my sister and was pleasantly surprised how photographer-friendly it has become.

While it won't do the things full Photoshop Does, it has a lot in common with it and since probably the majority of folks using higher-end software use Photoshop, a lot of what they say about how to do things translates well into Elements (for those who didn't know, Adobe is the publisher of both Elements and Photoshop). I believe Elements has "photo filters" built into it. You can do a lot with those (though they are really just making color adjustments to the photograph). If you know how to do that you are usually going to do it manually, "to taste."
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Postby pwt54 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Okay, you sold me. I may have to wait a while to let my bank account recover from Florida, 2 birthdays, and jingle bells season.

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:35 pm

pwt54 wrote:Okay, you sold me. I may have to wait a while to let my bank account recover from Florida, 2 birthdays, and jingle bells season.

Nah! Here's what you do. If you can't afford it, you go out and get yourself a new VISA card with a much bigger credit limit than you'll ever need. Then you go out charge the stuff you want, but can't afford. Then, when things look really bad, like you might get it cancelled, or have to file personal bankruptcy, go do a different issuer, get an even bigger limit, and transfer the balance. If there is ONE thing I have learned this week, its that we don't have to pay for things and just because we can't afford it is no reason not to buy them!! :wink:

Oops, I am getting you confused with Congress. Sorry. Disregard.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Postby pwt54 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Or I could get a subprime credit card and wait for the government to give a 700 billion dolloar bailout. But I won't accept it without a middle class tax cut. Wait a minute, if I get 700 billion will I still be middle class ? :?

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”