Videoing Foliage!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

admin
Site Admin

Videoing Foliage!

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Hello everybody:
I am planning to do some foliage video this season, now tha t I am HD camcorder equipped and the download speeds are better. What I am looking for are locations where I can do a walk about with the camcorder. I use something called a Merlin Steadicam which gives "dolly like" effects. However, these types of shots must be taken with the lens at its wide setting, so landscape shots aren't that interesting, but close up shots are. For example, walking down or up some steps covered with leaves or walking past a waterfall. If anyone has some ideas for locations please post them here.

The best location I have found so far is the Choinere-Willoughby Access stairs outside Orleans. Not exactly wonderful foliage here, but the water, the blackness of the rocks and the few foliage trees makes some nice movie pics.

I have also thought about walking down a railway track or a path in the woods but these shots can become rather boring quite quickly. One always needs "props or objects" to provide interest.

Tim[/code]

admin
Site Admin

Brick Kingdom

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks, This sounds like a great place to try!

Tim