Your phenomenal pdf on Photographing Scenic Vermont

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

ctyanky

Your phenomenal pdf on Photographing Scenic Vermont

Postby ctyanky » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Andy: I am awestruck. Your Photographing Scenic Vermont pdf should be published in a book. It was just beautiful. Your pictures and descriptions on photographing the various locations in Vermont were outstanding.

Congratulations on a superb piece of work!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I see that "Miss Abby" is also to be commended on her lovely shots included in your display.

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 am

CT: Thanks. Just think. 20 years ago, that couldn't even be done without a publisher. My purpose (currently) is to share--primarily with other photographers. Its very time consuming as well as costly in terms of gas and wear and tear on a vehicle) to find these places without help. Of course, if you don't deviate from the "beaten path" you won't find your own wonders.

My plan is to update these pdfs, as I have things to add. I already have added some narrative for the Old Red Mill which will be uploaded soon.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Pentaxguy

Acrobat problems with the Photographing Vermont PDF

Postby Pentaxguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 pm

Andy, For some reason I get warnings about some kind of incompatibility of your PDF with Acrobat on a Vista laptop and also on an old Millenium edition desktop, and both shut it down. I have no idea why. I get about as far as the Peacham section, then a warning appears, and I lose it.

Too bad. I know there is information in there that I can use during my next trip to Vermont this coming fall. I'd also like to take a visit later this spring after mud season is finally over.

I know there's a whole field of lupine around Father's Day off Route 4 between Quechee and Woodstock, right behind an old cemetery. I discovered it years ago when I attended the Quechee Balloon Festival and Craft Fair.

Andy
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:29 am

Hmm. I'll have to look at it. I don't have Acrobat, so I have been writing the document in my wordprocessor and then saving in pdf format. I use WordPerfect and I have heard that it adds a fair amount of code in the conversion which makes a much larger file. It is a pretty large file. I notice it takes a while to load.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

abby

Postby abby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:51 am

I have no problems opening the pdf with Vista on my laptop William. That's really too bad........Andy did a great job and it's a terrific resource so I hope you can get to see it before your next trip to VT.

Speaking of lupine fields, did you know that there is a lupine festival in the Franconia Notch area in June? You can purchase a booklet with directions to the lupine fields and there is a photography contest etc. You can get more info here:

http://www.franconianotch.org/lupine.festival.html

I'll be going up on a Saturday and then staying in Barton for the night and come home on Sunday. If anyone knows where there are any lupine fields in the NE Kingdom I'd appreciate it. I'd love to check out the one you described near Queeche but it's just a bit too far out of my way.

Sorry if I sidetracked the original purpose of this post which is Andy's pdf. I'm sure it's going to be a valuable resource for a lot of people, including myself, so kudos to you Andy for doing such a great job.
Carol

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”