Any Photographic Successes in 2007?

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photograps you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: bm, Andy, admin

Andy
Site Admin

Any Photographic Successes in 2007?

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:03 am

Anybody have photographic success this year? Any new spots we should know about, or old spots that have changed (for the better or the worse)? It would be nice to see some examples posted
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Postby pwt54 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm in the process of reviewing my photos. I've fallen way behind because of my trip.

abby

Postby abby » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:29 pm

One spot that isn't usually mentioned is Crystal Lake in Barton, so I would like to share my experiences photographing there this fall. There are 2 different ways to access the lake. The first way is at the public Crystal lake entrance which is right off Rte 16 in Barton. The gate is closed during the fall but you can park outside the gate and just "duck under" it to get into the park. I had some success with some shots in the morning that I took from this side of the lake. These were taken around 9 am. This first shot is a reflection of St. Paul's steeple and some foliage. I inverted the photo:

Here's an old boat house with reflections:

Late afternoon about an hour before susnet is a good time to go to the other Crystal lake entrance. It is called Pageant Park.....it is a beach area for residents of Barton. Again, it is closed in the fall but there is plenty of room to park off the side of the road and you can just walk right in. There are a couple of trees that are so red and beautiful that just light up in the very late afternoon light here.

Carol (Abby)

Return to “Vermont Photography Forum”