Attention Autumnleaf Rt. 108

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Attention Autumnleaf Rt. 108

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:02 pm

Today I decided to take a side route to work. i took route 15 to Jeffersonville and then route 108 up to Bakersfield. Everything looks early and I don't expect it to peak until next weekend. There should be good color for a few days after that. From Bakersfield I took the Boston Post road. About 2 miles north of Bakersfield route 108 curves left with a paved road coming off on the right and going up a long hill. This is the Boston Post Road. Foliage is peaking on the right side of this road but the foliage is still early on the left side. When i came to the Tyler Branch road I turned left to get back to route 108 in East Enosburg. I drove across route 108 to continue the Tyler Branch road to Sheldon. The road starts as dirt but changes to paved in about 2 mile. Colors are still early here also. This road ends on Main Street in Sheldon. Check my "A Paved Country Road" post for information on this road. Colors are early here as is route 105 west from Sheldon to St. Albans. tomorrow I will try to check routes 109 and 118. Autumnleaf, this could be a good hot spot for the first couple of days of your vacation. Keep checking in. The Seasons Pass Inn advertises a high speed conection if you have a laptop. If no try the Stowe or Morrisville libraries. Keep your fingers crossed. The roads are good rides and the route 109 & 118 trip has a lot of covered bridges.