Foliage w/e 10/12/01

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Patti

Foliage w/e 10/12/01

Sat Oct 06, 2001 3:23 pm

I'm going to Quechee, the weekend of 10/12. Am I still going to see some decent foliage in that area or will I need to travel a bit? Also trying to find out if there are any ski lifts open in that area to view the foliage like the Mt. Snow area? <P>Patti
Patti

Re: Foliage w/e 10/12/01

Mon Oct 08, 2001 11:11 am

Patti,<P>I was in Woodstock area on Saturday (10/6) and the colors are great. The gorge was incredible. It was a very windy and rainy weekend which doesn't help keep the leaves on the trees, but I think you will still have some decent color this coming weekend. It may be a little past peak but still great. The Jenne Farm is the best I've seen it in years. The Maples around the place have some wonderful red. They weren't completely changed yet, so that may be a good place to visit in early AM. The Sleepy Hollow Farm is always a great picture too !<BR>Rich<BR>

hari

Re: Foliage w/e 10/12/01

Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:04 am

i've been to Quechee & Mt.Snow area yesterday(Oct 8th). Colors are great, but the ski-lifts were not operating anywhere. even i was hoping they would. but, at Mt. Okemo, you can go up the hill in the car. we went half way up and it was beautiful from up there. but a ride on Rt.100 would give you many of the panaromic views. actually, the colors are blurred into a greenish brown from the top. <P>just thought i would mention about a not so wide view of the mountains (with better colors) at the townsend dam on Rt 100. it would be great if you can visit the place in the morning as the sun would be in the east and the mountains on the west.<P>have a nice trip & let us know how it goes.<p>[This message has been edited by hari (edited 10-09-2001).]