Railroad Tracks and Foliage

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Bluejacket

Railroad Tracks and Foliage

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:47 am

This is my first post, but ive checked this forum for about 4 years before my trips out to see the foliage. I plan on being out there on the 12th through the 16th. From the sounds of it, we'll have to be heading south (which is fine since we havent photographed that portion yet) this year, and the type of shot im looking for is some railroad tracks and foliage. There doesnt need to be a train coming, but that would certainly be an added bonus. Anyone have any suggestions for this type of shot?

I cant thank pwt54 enough for the moderation he does on this forum, truely a New England foliage travelers best friend!

mainesteam

Re: Railroad Tracks and Foliage

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:51 pm

My suggestion would be the center around Bellow Falls and the Green Mountain Railroad. They run Passenger service, but also NECR (New England CEntral) runs freight trains. The train line runs north from New London CT to Newport VT. You should be able to find some pictures somewhere in there. Also in Late October you can try Essex CT for some good foliage shots, same line but they have a steam train, and there are lots of good photo ops down there too. Good Luck, and be safe around the tracks, an engine is a lot bigger than you!