Motorcyling thru VT Oct 13-14: Suggestions?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

adambmi

Motorcyling thru VT Oct 13-14: Suggestions?

Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:40 am

Hi folks,<P>Planning a motorcycle trip through upstate NY and into VT for the weekend of Oct 13-14. Will any areas of the state still be at peak during that time?<P>My travel plan is open; the only criteria is I'd like to catch as much of the fall color as possible. On that note, just wondering if anyone might have suggestions for scenic routes where the leaf-peeping might be best during that weekend. I'm hoping to stick to the country roads, and stay off the interstates as much as possible, but since I'm not too familiar with what's what in VT, I'll let you folks advise me. <P>Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!<P>-Adam

svmoderator

Re: Motorcyling thru VT Oct 13-14: Suggestions?

Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:18 am

Adam,<BR>Anywhere from southern Vermont to Rte. 4 will be in good color this weekend. If you're in Albany, I'd take Rte. 7 over to Rte. 9 in Vermont to Bennington, then take Rte. 7A north on your motorcylce winding through the villages and towns to Manchester. Then, head over Rte. 11 to Rte. 100 and go north to Rte. 4. Killington is offering scenic foliage rides on two gondolas, and you can head over Rte. 4 to Woodstock and Quechee for foliage. Don't be afraid to take a back road or two along the way, but the two numbered routes 7A and 100 (also 100A) will give you lots of scenery and good drives on the bike.<BR>Susanne

svmoderator

Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:18 am

Adam,<BR>Anywhere from southern Vermont to Rte. 4 will be in good color this weekend. If you're in Albany, I'd take Rte. 7 over to Rte. 9 in Vermont to Bennington, then take Rte. 7A north on your motorcylce winding through the villages and towns to Manchester. Then, head over Rte. 11 to Rte. 100 and go north to Rte. 4. Killington is offering scenic foliage rides on two gondolas, and you can head over Rte. 4 to Woodstock and Quechee for foliage. Don't be afraid to take a back road or two along the way, but the two numbered routes 7A and 100 (also 100A) will give you lots of scenery and good drives on the bike.<BR>Susanne

adambmi

Mon Oct 15, 2001 7:59 am

Suzanne,<P>Just wanted to post a big "thank you." The ride up to the Green Mountains from just outside New York City was absolutely spectacular. Camped at Emerald Lake, about 20 minutes north of Manchester, and the colors were brilliant. <P>What a trip!<P>-Adam

svmoderator

Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:47 pm

That's fantastic!Thanks for letting me know.<BR>Susanne