Dining and such in Wilmington

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

wlighty

Dining and such in Wilmington

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:56 am

I'll be in Wilmington for an overnighter (at the White Hose Inn)on Oct. 9. Any suggestions for dining? Dinner, breakfast. We were planning to take a hike at Holly Stark. Good idea or no? Any suggestions as to how to best enjoy the foliage experience are appreciated.
Thanks

Michelle

Re: Dining and such in Wilmington

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 pm

There is some color in Wilmington already, it should be nice by the time you arrive.
For home cooking, low key, is "Dot's" in town on 9west.Near intersection of Rt. 9 / 100. Great for breakfast/lunch....written up in Vermont Magazine. Be prepared to wait on weekends. They close for dinner at 9pm on Fri - Sat, 8pm on Sunday.
For a dinner, you can do "Poncho's Wreck". Going down 9 west make a left, center of town at light. Make a reservation for weekend. Pretty good steak/seafood and music on Fri/Sat nites.Kitchen closes at 9:30pm.
Extra special...without a doubt, go to Dover, Rt 100 N about a 15 min ride to the Inn at Saw Mill.
Excellant food and service, however $$$$.They also have rooms for a stay.
These are the places all of us go to.
I would prefer the Inn at Saw Mill to the White House myself.

Michelle

Re: Dining and such in Wilmington

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:24 pm

A hike is a must, try Molly Stark Park, and take a ride to Hogback Lookout, Rt 9 east. Great view!