Foliage Report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Foliage Report

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:15 pm

I wandered around northeast Vermont today to check things out. I didn't expect a lot of color, but I hoped to the hints that the trees are changing. The hints are there. The dull green foliage that tells me that the leaves are canging and the early color of the stressed trees are all over the place. I took routes 15,14,58,5A, and 105 to Island Pond for lunch. Then I took some back and "really back" roads. I also took some of the powerline access roads. The trees are cut far back from the line and the powerline goes over some ridges. This gave me a long view of northeast Vermont and even (gasp) New Hampshire. Everywhere I looked the hints were there. While I was on one access road 15 horse riders went by. There were a lot of single stressed trees showing good color. The real suprise was the amount of color on the Granby Road between route 102 in Guildhall and Gallup Mills. Most of the color was right up next to the road. Color from Gallup Mills east to route 114 wasn't as good. If the color I saw is any indication, it will be a good year.