Where to stay ?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Where to stay ?

Sat Sep 29, 2001 5:13 pm

Hi,<P>I'm planing a foliage trip to VT during the weekend of Oct 12. Last year we stayed in Killington and I was hoping for a place more central to the foliage. If at all possable I'd like to be near a lake.<P>Thank You - Craig

Geri

Re: Where to stay ?

Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:35 pm

Craig, I returned last night from our property about 17 miles Southeast of Montpelier and the leaves at elevation 1,600 feet were just about at peak and spectacular! I live in N.W. CT and we almost always have peak here by Oct. 14th. Therefore, I would suggest going to Southern Vermont. Grafton is truly charming. The Old Tavern at Grafton is a wonderful place to stay. A few years ago we decided last minute to go on a bike ride during leaf time and had a difficult time finding a place to stay. I called the town clerk in Chester, VT and she had a list of people who opened their homes for B&B's during leaf time. We stayed with a terrific family in a lovely home.