Strange foliage year

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Jack

Strange foliage year

Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:12 pm

Many locals I've talked to, who have lived in this area for years, have told me this is the strangest or the worst foliage year they can remember. However, with that said, the Morrisville-Stowe area still has nice color at lower elevations. It seems to have brightened again during the past two days. About a week ago I thought we were at peak then the color faded. Now, the remaining trees with leaves have brightened again. As others have mentioned, there is a lot of yellow, gold and orange, but not as much red and crimson this year.

pwt54

Re: Strange foliage year

Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:47 am

It's been a tough year for us "experts" alright. As long as Cusson's bakery keeps making their donuts I can handle it.

Jack

Re: Strange foliage year

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:46 pm

They do have good donuts! If anyone is interested they are located on Route 100 North in Morrisville next to the Agway and just before the Route 15 intersection. We just got home after driving to Stowe and back. I have to say that Stagecoach Road was still quite nice even with the pouring rain. It was quite dramatic seeing the golden foliage up against the dark gray sky. Now that the wind is picking up leaves are flying off the trees.